CHASING KABIGAN FALLS IN PAGUDPUD, ILOCOS NORTE
Our tour guide boast of Kabigan Falls as a must-see destination in Pagudpud. Kabigan Falls is an 80 feet waterfall and is located in the eastern part of Barangay Balaoi, Pagudpud, Ilocos Norte. Reaching the place from the main highway is approximately 30-45 minute walk depending on your speed and power.
the road to Kabigan Falls
The trek going to Kabigan Falls is mostly of a flat area so you’ll have time to enjoy the beautiful panorama. I felt tired while trekking, but I just entertained myself with the very nice green farmland, vegetation and streams, water buffalo, rice paddies and more.There were local vendors on our way selling some local food and drinks. There is a 20 Pesos/pax entrance fee at the jump-off point where you will be assigned your official trek guide going to the falls. The local guide charged PHP 100. You don’t have to worry about getting lost in the area because the locals had organized their official group to guide tourist and receive payment.
There is a 20 Pesos/pax entrance fee at the jump-off point where you will be assigned your official trek guide going to the falls. The local guide charged PHP 100. You don’t have to worry about getting lost in the area because the locals had organized themselves to guide tourist and receive payment.
I was amazed seeing a formal toilet in the middle of the forest. It only goes to show that the place is really tourist friendly.
After a few minutes of fast walking, we’d reached finally the Kabigan Falls. The waterfalls are approximately 87-feet high. The water drops into a concave basin where trekkers, after a long walk, could reward themselves with a dip in a natural pond just below the falls…. but I have to warn you — it’s very cold.
Kabigan Falls is an 80 feet waterfalls and is located at the eastern part of Barangay Balaoi
Don’t miss the chance for a swim in the cold and crystal clear waters in the basin surrounded by tall green trees that form part of this lush virgin rainforest when you visit.
TIPS WHEN GOING TO KABIGAN FALLS
- Wear rubber or comfortable walking shoes. Cap, sunglasses.. are just perfect travel essentials when visiting Kabigan Falls.
- While there were vendors selling native delicacies along the way, it would be best to bring at least bottled water. If you want to stay at the falls for a while, it would be best to bring some snack items.
- If you want to swim the moment you arrive at the place, just be ready with you wardrobe.
- Don’t forget your camera, the place is simply stunning.
- Don’t forget to wear sunscreen especially if you go there during noontime.
87 33 6 1 3