Festival Attraction: Masskara Village 2015
For this year 23 beautifully handcrafted masks were shortlisted and are now on display for public viewing. These masks showcased the skills and craftsmanship of every Negrenses who participated in the competition.
Looking closely at each entry, I can help but be amazed by how the entries get better each year. Each mask makers made sure that their entry has something unique to show off especially on how they manipulated the materials.Indeed, ABS-CBN’s Masskara Village has been very successful for not only holding this annual grand event, but of developing the artistic ability of many Negrenses.
Final judging of the masks is set on October 16, 2015, at the Fountain Area of Robinsons Place, wherein models will interpret these amazing creations.
The Masskara Village is also a wonderful exhibit which will delight Bacolod visitors who are now in the city but cannot make it on the highlights of Masskara Festival.
I was invited to be one of the judges for the final judging, so bookmark this page as I give you updates of this competition.As of this writing, I have already my top choices, but I will keep my piece and wait for the big event on October 16.
What about you? Which one is your favorite amongst the masks posted here? Tell us your thoughts by leaving your comment below.
For Masskara visitors, here’s your Happy Trip’s Bacolod Guide:
- Masskara 2015 Schedule
- Where to stay in Bacolod City
- Book your hotel now! Here’s the list of Hotels and Inns in Bacolod City – Click here
- What to do when in Bacolod City
- Here’s a comprehensive guide on what do to when in Bacolod City – click here
- Other Things You Might be Interest While in Bacolod City
- Top 5 Cakes and Pastries in Bacolod City
- Our Favorite Dining Places in Bacolod City
- Paint Your Own Mask
- Bacolod Attraction: What to Do at Jojo Vito Designs Gallery