BACOLOD CITY BACOLAODIAT FESTIVAL | 2017 SCHEDULE OF ACTIVITIES
Bacolod City Bacolaodiat Festival is the City of Smile’s version of Chinese New Year Celebration. While Bacolaodiat Festival is relatively a young festival in Bacolod City, it is already attracting various tourist from different parts of the country. Below is the list of events for the festival. We also outlined basic information for those who would visit Bacolod City during the festivities.
Schedule of Activities
(January 27 to 29, 2017)
January 16-29, 2017
8:00 AM Bacolaodiat Festival Photo Exhibit, Bacolod Government Center Lobby
January 21, 2017 (Saturday)
4:00 PM Opening and Judging of Chinese Lantern Village, 7:30AMThe District North Point – Ayala
January 27, 2017 (Fr7:30 AM
Anticipated Chinese New Year Mass in Mandarin ,Queen of Peace Parish
9:30AM Bacolaodiat Table Tennis , Lopue’s San Sebastian Competition Opening
4:00 PM Dazzling Grand Parade , Bacolod Public Plaza to North Capitol Road
5:00 PM Opening – Chopsticks Alley , North Capitol Road
Opening of Bacolaodiat Imperial Village , Competition ,North Capitol Road
5:00 PM Lantern Competition,6th to 13th Lacson St.
ZUMBA with Coca-Cola , Coke Stage/ 6th Street
Love Radio Kabisyo Night ,North Capitol Road
6:00PM Ceremonial Lighting of Chinese Lanterns , ABI Stage/9th Street
CULTURAL SHOW , ABI Stage/9th Street
6:00PM (up to 1:00AM) Rising Dawn of Success , Yuan Thong Temple
9:00PM San Miguel Beer Night ,North Capitol Road
Asia Brewery Night ,ABI Stage/9th Street
10:00PM Symphony of Lights and Sparks ,North Capitol Road
12:00MN 108 Ringing of the Bells ,Yuan Thong Temple
January 28, 2017 (Saturday)
8:00 AM Spring Festival Thanksgiving Mass ,Queen of Peace Parish
9:30AM Bacolaodiat Table Tennis Competition, Lopue’s San Sebastian
2:00PM Chopsticks Alley, North Capitol Road
3:00PM Bacolaodiat Chinese Cuisine Cooking Demo, North Capitol Road
Robinsons Chinese Cuisine Cook-Off ,Robinsons Place Bacolod
4:00 PM (up to 11:00PM) Bacolaodiat Imperial Village,North Capitol Road
5:00 PM ZUMBA ,North Capitol Road
6:00 PM Lantern Dance Competition ,Coke Stage/6th Street
7:00 PM Lantern Dance Competition ,ABI Stage/9th Street
7:00 PM Spring Festival Dinner ,SMX Convention Center
8:00 PM Lantern Dance Competition ,Globe Stage/13th Street
9:00 PM Lantern Dance Competition, North Capitol Road
10:00 PM Announcement of Top 3 Winners , North Capitol Road
11:00PM Symphony of Lights and Sparks , North Capitol Road
January 29, 2017 (Sunday)
9:30AM Bacolaodiat Table Tennis Championship , Lopue’s San Sebastian
10:00AM (up to 2:00PM ) Vegan Buffet Lunch , Yuan Thong Temple
4:00PM SM Bacolaodiat Champion’s Day, SM City Bacolod Atrium
5:00PM Bacolaodiat Little Singing Master , 888 Premier Mall
January 29, 2017 (Sunday) BACOLOD CITY GOVERNMENT CENTER
4:00 PM (up to 11:00PM) Bacolaodiat Imperial Village ,BGC Lobby
4:00 PM Parade of Mascots , BGC Stage
5:00 PM Tai Chi Session/Exhibition ,BGC Stage
7:00 PM Closing Ceremonies/Globe Night , BGC Stage
9:00 PM Awarding of Top 3 Lantern Dance Winners , BGC Stage
Symphony of Lights and Sparks
How to get to Bacolod City
Bacolod’s airport is located City of Silay a few minutes drive from Bacolod City. The Bacolod-Silay International Airport is connected to the three cities by local airlines Philippine Airlines , and Cebu Pacific .For arriving passengers who want supplemental guides to the city or free maps, Department of Tourism and the Local Government has a desk in the arrivals area where you can grab free maps or have a dose of information from the people over the desk. Hotels,
For arriving passengers who want supplemental guides to the city or free maps, Department of Tourism and the Local Government has a desk in the arrivals area where you can grab free maps or have a dose of information from the people over the desk. Hotels, resorts and car rental companies have kiosks in the arrival areas where you can easily book a room and just head to your hotel room without any hassle.
There are vans leaving for the airport at SM City Bacolod, Bacolod Provincial Hospital, Old Bacolod Airport and Victoria Arcade/Lopue’s East/SaveMore Supermarket, the regular fare per person is 150.
Getting to Bacolod by bus from elsewhere in the province is smooth and easy.
There are two major terminals in Bacolod, both operated, owned and used by Ceres liner.
- Ceres Southbound Terminal (Ceres South Terminal), Luzuriaga St, ☎ +63-34-4460681/4460686. Buses departing for and arriving from Dumaguete(via Mabinay) arrive and depart in this terminal. Air-conditioned bus to Dumaguete is 349P (Nov 2015) and takes almost 7 hours
- Ceres Northbound Terminal (Ceres North Terminal), Lopez Jaena St (From China Bank you will already see the entrance of Lopez Jaena St., walk to the street and you will see the Terminal), ☎ +63-34-4334993. Buses departing for and arriving from Cebu(via Toledo or Tabuelan), San Carlos(via Don Salvador Benedicto), Bayawan(via Cauayan and Sipalay) and Kanlaon City(via La Carlota, La Castellana, Moises Padilla).
- Ceres Liner, Ceres Rd., Barangay Mansilingan, ☎ Main office:+63-34-4460681/4460686, North Terminal:+63-34-4334993, South Terminal:+63-34-4342387 (fax:+63-34-4460636). Provides RoRo services and provides daily services to and from Escalante, San Carlos, Hinoba-an, Don Salvador Benedicto, Canlaon, Culipapa, Bayawan, Binalbagan, Toledo City, Zamboanga City, Cebu City, Dumaguete, Kabankalan, Cadiz, they have 2 terminals in Bacolod, South and North Terminal.Trips within the Negros island costs from about ₱80-₱300 depending on the distance of your destination, trips outside Negros Island using the RoRo service costs from ₱250-₱400.
Bacolod Seaport or Bredco Port serves inter-regional trips from major destinations such Manila and Iloilo. Iloilo seaport is just 45 minutes from Bacolod and is one of the easiest to access because every hour there’s a trip.
- Ocean Jet, (email@example.com)
- Weesam Express, Bredco Port . Ticketing offices are located at Bredco Port. Economy Class (One way) = ₱370, (Vice Verse) ₱400, First Class (Vice Versa) = ₱440.
- Supercat, . Ticketing offices are located at Bredco Port