(UPDATED 2017) BALAY KAUSWAGAN | SAGAY CITY ACCOMMODATION
It was my first time in Balay Kauswagan in Sagay City. While I already gave quite a number of training programs in Sagay, I wasn’t lucky enough to see the place.
I was surprised when we arrived at the center. Balay Kauswagan is so huge.Thinking that it is outside Bacolod, I didn’t realize that the city would put up a structure that size. It has a ballroom and several function rooms with collapsible wall and is connected to the main ballroom which will turn into a very big hall to accommodate a very large crowd. There are also rooms upstairs which can house quite a number of people.
I stayed there for 3 days for the Personal Effectiveness Seminar for the Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF). It was a series of Training I conducted for the various areas of NWTF.
The grounds of Balay Kauswagan are well kept. I love the various variety of Palms and trees planted all over Balay Kauswagan. The place has 2 swimming pools which are also well maintained. Balay Kauswagan is Sagay City’s major accommodation facility managed by the City Government. It is the city’s contribution to the development of tourism industry in Northern Negros.
Balay Kauswagan is classified as a convention center and a convenient venue for seminars, workshops, trade fairs, art exhibits, academic and social functions or an overnight stay for visitors and guests.
- FACILITIES & RATES
- Whole Ground Floor Php 14,000.00
- 4 Function Rooms Php 3,000.00 / room
- 1 Conference Room Php 2,000.00
- 1 Social Hall Php 4,000.00
- 20 Private Rooms (2 persons) Php 800.00 / room
- 4 Family Rooms (5 persons) Php 1,800.00 room
- 2 Dorm ( Coed, 12 PAX maximum) Php 200.00 / person
- Extra Bed Php 200.00 / person
- 1 Mini Olympic Pool (Entrance Fee) Php 70.00 / person
- 1 Kiddie Pool (Entrance Fee) Php 30.00 / person
- Mini Olympic Pool (exclusive) -whole day / half day (max 5 hours) Php 5,000.00 / 2500.00
- Kiddie Pool (exclusive _whole day / half day (max 5 hours) Php 3,000.00 / 1,500.00
- Multimedia Projector Rental Php 1,000.00 8 hours
- Sound Rental Php 500.00 8 hours
- Internet Cafe Php 30.00 / hour
- Nipa Hut Php 150.00 / 8 hours
- Nipa Shed Php 50.00 / 8 hours
Telephone Numbers: (034) 488-0316 | 0929-8992-219 | 0977-3758-195
Our visit to Balay Kauswagan recently with Mr. E, The Event Guro; Negros Bloggers: Ed Joven of Pinoy Recipes, Glady Reyes of Experience Negros and, Claire Algarme of First Time Travels. Photo by Claire Algarme
How to get to Balay Kauswagan
Sagay City is approximately 84 kms. or a 2-hour drive from Bacolod City which is the Provincial Capital. Public utility vehicles bound to northern Negros pass by the city.
From Cebu, one can reach Sagay via Toledo in about four hours including a one-hour ride in fast ferries
77 4 3