Shimizu Lagoon, El Nido (Part of Tour A Destination)
PALAWAN TRIP PART 1: ITINERARY AND BUDGET
Visiting Palawan, Philippines has been on my travel bucket list many years ago. But since the place is quite far from where I am (Bacolod City, Negros Occidental), I waited for some business opportunities like training engagements so that I can save at least for my fare. Unfortunately, as of this writing, I didn’t have any business opportunities yet in that Island, including training invitations.
So last September 2014, when I opened my email, I received this notice from Cebu Pacific Airlines for a peso fare to and from Palawan via Iloilo International Airport. Much that I desired to invite some friends to be with me for the trip no one replied to my Facebook shout out for a Palawan Adventure. So, I just booked myself for my much-awaited trip ,after all,I thought I have some friends working there to accompany me.
Talisay Beach where we ate our lunch in the Tour C
After booking, I made a pile of research on where to stay, to eat, and so on. I scanned a bunch of blogs about El Nido’s hotel and restaurant reviews.
Despite my research, nevertheless, I hit some incorrect conclusions, maybe because I read the wrong blogs. Considerably, I don’t really expect for a perfect trip.
So with my recent experience, I hope that through my blog, I will be able to help future travelers to Palawan so that they will have an updated guide.
Here’re my Itinerary and budget for this trip. I did not include my budget for food because I am quite an eater and I incline to eat a great deal. And so you can just keep your budget depending on what you are willing to spend. But mind you, food at El Nido is quite a pricey. So better be ready with cash if you love to eat like me.Remember there’s no ATM Machine at El Nido.
The opening of the Big Lagoon, part of Tour A destination
- Plane fare Round Trip Cebu Pacific (Peso Fare Promo) – PHP 1,421.04
DAY 1 –Travel and Overnight to Iloilo from Bacolod City
- Ocean Jet Round Trip Fare (Bacolod-Iloilo Promo) –PHP 395
- Taxi from Iloilo Port to Highway 21 Hotel –PHP 80
- Overnight Stay at Highway 21 Hotel – PHP 900 ( there is still much cheaper place to stay in Iloilo, but I just cannot vouch on the cleanliness of these places)
At the Art Cafe Entrance
DAY 2 – TRAVEL TO PUERTO PRINCESA PALAWAN, EL NIDO
- Taxi From Iloilo City to the Airport – PHP 400 (if you want to save at least 50% on transportation you can take a taxi going to SM City and take a shuttle bus going to the airport )
- Breakfast at the Airport
- Cebu Pacific Left Iloilo at 8:45 am and we arrived in Palawan at around 9:45 am
- Upon Arrival at Puerto Princesa Airport I took the tricycle to our Tour Agent –PHP 30
- Left Puerto a little past 12nn via Van – PHP 700 (the fare from Puerto Princesa Terminal to El Nido is the only 500/pax. So if you want to save on fare, just go to the terminal via Tricycle for around PhP 50 and take the van from there)
- Arrived El Nido at around 5 pm; Check in at Gemini Traveler’s Lodge – PHP 900/day (air conditioned room with private bathroom)
- Dinner at Jane Resto, Bar, Dessert at Art Café, then rest for the next day
The crowd at Jane’s Resto Bar
DAY 3 – ISLAND HOPPING (TOUR A)
Breakfast at “WATER HOLE”
- El Nido Offers 4 Tour Packages for Island Hopping, offering different sets of destinations. Each tour package lasts for a day.All tours fee is inclusive of a buffet lunch. Since I, intend to stay in El Nido for only two days, I just paid for 2 Tour Packages, Tour A, and C which are both popular among the tours that they offer.
- Tour A – PHP 1,200/pax
- Dinner at Rasta Poca (Poca Bar)
At the opening of the Small Lagoon (Part of Tour A Destinations)
DAY 4 –El NIDO ISLAND HOPPING (TOUR C); GOING BACK TO PUERTO PRINCESA
- Breakfast – I forgot the name of the Restaurant, but in their place there is a big sign “WATERHOLE” which I thought, at first, was the name of the bar, but they have a different name in their menu. They are the only restaurant opened 24 hours a day right in front of the beach – and I want to eat and sip coffee right in front of the beach
- Tour C – PHP 1, 400 /pax
- Tour C ended until 5 PM, so after taking a bath, we rushed to the terminal to catch the 5:45 PM trip back to Puerto Princesa
- Lexus Van to Puerto Princesa – PHP 500/pax
- Arrived in Puerto Princesa and check in at Go Hotel which I already booked way ahead.
- Go Hotel – PHP 1,289.00 for 2 nights stay ( i booked way ahead through the net)
at the “Waterhole” where I love to have my breakfast every morning. Don’t be fooled by the looks of the place , their food are priced just like a regular hotel
DAY 5 – PALAWAN UNDERGROUND RIVER
- Underground River Tour – PHP 1,500/pax
- Hunt for some Souvenir
- Dinner at Ka Inato Restaurant
the writer with a deaf-mute staff of Ka Inato Resturant. In her sleeve is a print which says: “DEAF, Proudly Working”. In my succeding episodes of this Palawan Trip, I will be telling you what happened to her when she spilled a soup to one of the customers while serving”
DAY 6 – GOING HOME
- From the airport we took a metered taxi to the Iloilo Sea Port. We decided to just “drive through” at Mc Donalds for our lunch.
- Metered Taxi (Airport to Iloilo Sea Port) – around PHP 300.
Wood Crafts at LRC 908 Market Mall. This is where I got huge wooden masks I took as souvenirs
Please mark this page so you will the details and my reviews of these various destinations at Puerto Princesa.
73 3 7 1 2