4-DAY EL NIDO, PALAWAN TRAVEL GUIDE | ITINERARY, BUDGET
Palawan probably is one of the most beautiful places in the country that one must visit in their lifetime.
This beautiful place has unspoiled Mountains, clean air, and amazing clear blue waters with spectacular sea life.
It is also home to the Bearcat, Mustang, and Mouse deer. Palawan takes pride of the many rare Bird species like the Palawan Peacock Pheasant, The Great King Fisher, Hornbill, and the Palawan Eagle which is found only in Palawan.
Considering that El Nido, Palawan is quite far it would be best then to maximize your visit to this place.
So I would like to share with you a 4day sample Itinerary for your trip to El Nido, Palawan.
EL NIDO, PALAWAN ITINERARY
In a nutshell, here’s how your itinerary would look like :
Day 1 – Travel to Puerto Princesa from your point of entry ; City Tour (Depending on your arrival time at Puerto Princesa) , Travel to El Nido
Day 2 – Tour A (Small Lagoon, Big Lagoon, Secret Lagoon, Shimizu Island, and 7 Commando)
Day 3 – Tour C (Helicopter Island, Matinloc Shrine, Secret Beach, Star Beach and Hidden Beach)
Travel Back to Puerto Princesa (night trip).
You will arrive at your hotel in Puerto Princesa almost midnight.
Day 4- Underground River Tour; Fly back to your point of entry
Talisay Beach where we ate our lunch in the Tour C
COMPUTE YOUR BUDGET BASED ON THE FOLLOWING DETAILS
Plane Fare – (depending on what you can get)
Van (Puerto Princesa – El Nido) P700/pax (one way) – P1,400 back and forth
El Nido has numerous accommodation facilities to choose according to your budget. During my visit, I stayed at Gemini Traveler’s Lodge – PHP 900/day (air conditioned room with private bathroom). It can accommodate for up to 6 persons, so you can really save if you are traveling as a group.
On your way to El Nido, the Van would stop to various places for some leg stretching and to have your lunch or dinner. You can have your meal during this time for around P100-P150.
At El Nido, if you are taking the Island Hopping Tours, all lunch are provided. Some hotels offer free breakfast, otherwise, you can have it in any resort while waiting for your boat for the Island Hopping Tour at around P150-P200. For dinner, you can enjoy the place by enjoying a dinner in some bars and resort fronting the shoreline. Food at El Nido is quite pricey. You can prepare between P300-P700 for your meal, depending on what you will order of course. If you are on a tight budget, there are some food stalls and a convenience store selling food too.
El Nido Island Hopping Tours
Note: All tours are inclusive of Buffet Lunch and Snorkeling Gadgets
Tour A – P1,200
Tour B – P 1,300
Tour C – P1,400
Tour D – 1,200
Underground River Tour – 1,800 (with lunch). Normally, the tour operator will pick you up from your hotel, unless otherwise stated.
EL NIDO ISLAND HOPPING TOURS DESCRIPTION
All Island Hopping Tours start at 9:00 AM and normally ends not later than 5:00 PM. So if you are want to go back to Puerto Princesa after the tour, you should inform ahead the tour operator of your schedule and arrange for your hotel or the transportation company of your schedule.
No need to book ahead of your tours, almost all hotels and resorts at El Nido are connected with any Tour Operators, they can help you with it.
One of the most popular among the tours. This package covers Shimizu Island which is a good spot for snorkeling wherein you can enjoy the corals or simply relax at the white sand beach. Oftentimes, this is where the tour stop for a sumptuous lunch prepared by the boatmen.
This tour will also bring you to three beautiful lagoons located around Miniloc Island: Small Lagoon, Big Lagoon, and the Secret Lagoon.
The tour usually concludes a stop at the 7 Commando Beach. This place has a long stretch of white sand beach. It also has a little bar which serves refreshing drinks.So don’t forget to bring some cash. If you are lucky, you may see a few sea turtles while snorkeling.
Another interesting tour at EL Nido is the Tour B. Its first stop is normally at the Vigan island also called the “Snake island” because of its sandbar. After which the boat will bring you to the Pinagbuyutan Island, otherwise known as Ellis Island.
Another beach you will visit during this tour is the Entalula Beach, located up north of El Nido. This place offers a long white beach sand bordered with tropical vegetations.
Cudugnon Caves is another destination which you will visit with Tour B. This place is an important archeological site where potteries were discovered dating from the Sung Dynasty (960-1279). Notably, this site used to be the hiding place of the locals during World War II.
The most popular of all El Nido Tours according to the guides is the Tour C. This tour may have its first stop (might be the last stop sometimes) to Dilumacad island otherwise known as Helicopter island. Other destinations included in this tour package are Matinloc Shrine, Secret Beach, Star Beach and Hidden Beach.
The hidden beach can only be accessed through a small hole on a cliff, but the moment you can pass the small passage, you will surely be awed by the beauty it offers. Just make sure that the weather is good when you go to the hidden beach. The current sometimes can be too strong and it’s quite difficult to enter the hole.
Tour D normally starts with a stop at Ipil Beach. This place is very close to El Nido town but be accessed only by boat.
From the Ipil Beach, you can proceed to the Cadlao Lagoon. Cadlao can be seen from El Nido town and the biggest island of the Bacuit archipelago.
Other places included in this Tour Package includes the three beautiful islands: Pasandigan Beach, Natnat Beach and Bukal Beach.
The opening of the Big Lagoon, part of Tour A destination
EL NIDO, PALAWAN ITINERARY AND BUDGET GUEST COMING FROM WESTERN VISAYAS
This is my personal itinerary coming from Bacolod City, Negros Occidental
- Plane fare Round Trip Cebu Pacific (Peso Fare Promo) – PHP 1,421.04
DAY 1 –Travel and Overnight to Iloilo from Bacolod City
- Ocean Jet Round Trip Fare (Bacolod-Iloilo Promo) –PHP 395
- Taxi from Iloilo Port to Highway 21 Hotel –PHP 80
- Overnight Stay at Highway 21 Hotel – PHP 900 ( there is still much cheaper place to stay in Iloilo, but I just cannot vouch on the cleanliness of these places)
At the Art Cafe Entrance
DAY 2 – TRAVEL TO PUERTO PRINCESA PALAWAN, EL NIDO
- Taxi From Iloilo City to the Airport – PHP 400 (if you want to save at least 50% on transportation you can take a taxi going to SM City and take a shuttle bus going to the airport )
- Breakfast at the Airport
- Cebu Pacific Left Iloilo at 8:45 am and we arrived in Palawan at around 9:45 am
- Upon Arrival, at Puerto Princesa Airport I took the tricycle to our Tour Agent –PHP 30
- Left Puerto a little past 12nn via Van – PHP 700 (the fare from Puerto Princesa Terminal to El Nido is the only 500/pax. So if you want to save on fare, just go to the terminal via Tricycle for around PHP 50 and take the van from there)
- Arrived El Nido at around 5 pm; Check in at Gemini Traveler’s Lodge – PHP 900/day (air conditioned room with private bathroom)
- Dinner at Jane Resto, Bar, Dessert at Art Café, then rest for the next day
Palawan trip and Budget: The crowd at Jane’s Resto Bar
DAY 3 – ISLAND HOPPING (TOUR A)
Breakfast at “WATER HOLE”
- El Nido Offers 4 Tour Packages for Island Hopping, offering different sets of destinations. Each tour package lasts for a day.All tours fee is inclusive of a buffet lunch. Since I, intend to stay in El Nido for only two days, I just paid for 2 Tour Packages, Tour A, and C which are both popular among the tours that they offer.
- Tour A – PHP 1,200/pax
- Dinner at Rasta Poca (Poca Bar)
Palawan Trip and Budget: At the opening of the Small Lagoon (Part of Tour A Destinations)
DAY 4 –El NIDO ISLAND HOPPING (TOUR C); GOING BACK TO PUERTO PRINCESA
- Breakfast – I forgot the name of the Restaurant, but in their place, there is a big sign “WATERHOLE” which I thought, at first, was the name of the bar, but they have a different name on their menu. They are the only restaurant opened 24 hours a day right in front of the beach – and I want to eat and sip coffee right in front of the beach
- Tour C – PHP 1, 400 /pax
- Tour C ended until 5 PM, so after taking a bath, we rushed to the terminal to catch the 5:45 PM trip back to Puerto Princesa
- Lexus Van to Puerto Princesa – PHP 500/pax
- Arrived in Puerto Princesa and check in at Go Hotel which I already booked way ahead.
- Go Hotel – PHP 1,289.00 for 2 nights stay ( i booked way ahead through the net)
Palawan Trip and Budget: at the “Waterhole” where I love to have my breakfast every morning. Don’t be fooled by the looks of the place , their food are priced just like a regular hotel
DAY 5 – PALAWAN UNDERGROUND RIVER
- Underground River Tour – PHP 1,500/pax
- Hunt for some Souvenir
- Dinner at Ka Inato Restaurant
Palawan Trip and Budget: the writer with a deaf-mute staff of Ka Inato Resturant. In her sleeve is a print which says: “DEAF, Proudly Working”. In my succeding episodes of this Palawan Trip, I will be telling you what happened to her when she spilled a soup to one of the customers while serving”
DAY 6 – GOING HOME
- From the airport, we took a metered taxi to the Iloilo Sea Port. We decided to just “drive through” at Mc Donalds for our lunch.
- Metered Taxi (Airport to Iloilo Sea Port) – around PHP 300.
Palawan Trip and Budget: Wood Crafts at LRC 908 Market Mall. This is where I got huge wooden masks I took as souvenirs
HOW TO GET TO EL NIDO, PALAWAN
1. Fly to Puerto Princesa
Puerto Princesa International Airport has direct flights from many major cities in the Philippines such as Manila, Cebu, Iloilo.
2. Take a van from Puerto Princesa to El Nido
From Puerto Princesa Airport, the most convenient way is to take a van to El Nido.Right outside the airport, you will see several vans bound for El Nido. The van transfer will take between 5 to 6 hours, depending on the time of the day, and the price for a seat is around P600 to P700.
3. Riding a tricycle to get to El Nido town
The moment you reached Corong-Corong bus terminal at El Nido, (This is located just 5 minutes away from El Nido Poblacion.) take a tricycle to bring you to your hotel. During the day, the usual fare is P15 per person, but at night, the rates go up for up to P50 or even more.
TRIP SCHEDULES FOR LEXXUS VAN IN PUERTO PRINCESA – EL NIDO
PUERTO PRINCESA TO EL NIDO EL NIDO TO PUERTO PRINCESA
|TRIP NO.||DEPARTURE TIME||TYPE OF VAN||TRIP NO.||DEPARTURE TIME|
|TOYOTA COMMUTER||1||4:00 AM|
|1||5:00 AM||TOYOTA COMMUTER||2 ||5:00 AM|
|2||7:00 AM||TOYOTA COMMUTER ||3||7:00 AM|
|3||8:00 AM||TOYOTA COMMUTER||4||8:00 AM|
|4 ||9:30 AM ||TOYOTA COMMUTER ||5||9:30 AM|
|5||11:00 AM||TOYOTA COMMUTER ||6 ||11:00 AM|
|6 ||1:00 PM||TOYOTA COMMUTER||7||1:00 PM|
|7 ||2:30 PM||TOYOTA COMMUTER ||8||2:30 PM|
|8||4:00 PM||TOYOTA COMMUTER||9||4:00 PM|
|9||5:30 PM||TOYOTA COMMUTER||10||5:30 PM|
|10 ||> 8:30 PM or waiting for last flight / Reserved Guest from airport ||TOYOTA COMMUTER||11 ||7:00 PM|
Travel time is approximately 5 hours & 30 minutes.
Are you planning for another trip around the Philippines? Here are some of our travel guides:
- Siquijor Island Travel Guide
- Dumaguete Travel Guide
- Samal Island Travel Guide
- Bantayan Island Travel Guide
- Camotes Island Travel Guide
- Islas de Gigantes Travel Guide
- Malalison Island Travel Guide
- Bacolod City Travel Guide
- Sagada Travel Guide
- Batanes Travel Guide
- Vigan Travel Guide
- Ilocos Norte Travel Guide
- Pagudpud Travel Guide
- Davao Travel Guide
- El Nido Travel Guide
- Lake Sebu Travel Guide
- Camiguin Island Travel Guide
- Sipalay Travel Guide
BOOKING A HOTEL? ENTER BELOW
3K 123 8 94 7